Their Australian designs provide a user experience engaging people through touch, sight, sound, taste and the latest EFM innovation – scent.
It is this multi-sensory experience that EFM has brought to the forefront of their brand, which we have encapsulated into their packaging. Incorporating visual ques, auditory features, tactile experiences, olfactory elements and the taste sensation by recognising the consumer has ‘good taste’ purchasing a premium product offering guaranteed protection.
Using recyclable, bio-degradable and sustainable materials, including soy inks and FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) card, we removed all previous plastics and provided a unique packaging solution to showcase their products.
Ensuring the structural packaging not only reduces material wastage by 12% on average, the innovative design makes the product lighter to ship, protects the products from dust and is also secure and tamper proof.
With the inclusion of an internal mechanism, which clicks when the tray locks into place when pulled down; the friction of the internal moving parts release a subtle but noticeable scent. Reminiscent of the Australian coast, the scent is a fresh, clean ozonic burst with hints of zesty citrus and eucalyptus notes.
From a visual perspective, we used a signature fluorescent colour palette. Inspired by this Australian company, we played homage to their identify and brought the distinguishable colours of Australian sunsets to the fore. Bright hues of yellow, pink, red and purple were used to identify each product category, a hero image of the product and a QR code to direct consumers to the EFM website enabling consumers to find out more, but also allowed us to remove unnecessary information.
Furthering EFM’s innovative lead, we incorporated Braille text to ensure the packaging is inclusive and accessible for people with a vision impairment and while also further enhancing the tactile experience, with embossed type to differentiate between the product category.
Each product includes an icon on the side panel and on the back of the pack to further distinguish the category.
- The touch icon on the mobile phone case conveys the strong, smooth and textural protection consumers can feel.
- The vision icon refers to the screen protection – armour designed to protect your phone’s screen with crystal clear clarity your eyes can see.
- The ear icon on the audio packaging relates to the perfect sound and audio you can hear.
- The sun icon depicts energy and the warmth you can feel, an extension of EFM’s sensory experience.
- EFM’s power cables and charging accessories to power up devices fast, safe and efficiently.